Saturday, January 21, 2006

Proud

Going to Lincoln, Nebraska today. My son's show choir is performing at the Lied Center today. Last week it was Wisconsin, two weeks it will be in St. Louis, in March it will be Branson. They've worked very hard on their show. And a proud papa (me) will root loudly. They'll make some mistakes. Someone won't sing the right note or they'll miss a step or won't come in at the right time. But so what? I'll still root loudly
God does the same for us. We do our best. We blow our chances, but we try. And God, not at a distance as Bette Midler sings, but right in the middle applauds our efforts even though there may be some missteps. What a wonderful concept! And it's true. For some reason after doing the best we can we think God will frown and complain. That's (some) earthly fathers. But not my Father. My Father is proud and He's right there cheering us on.
Have a great day. JW

No comments: