Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Sense of Humor

I have a smile on my face right now. Why? Because I just read Mike Cope's blog. There are some funny things on there today about the top ten ways to improve church attendance. I've added some myself. What I appreciate about it is that there is humor. Sometimes we in the church have no humor whatsoever.
My dad loved to tell jokes. Sometimes they were real groaners. But at least he liked to laugh. It's time for us to lighten up. We should be the happiest people on earth.
Jesus had a sense of humor. Don't believe me. Read Matthew 7 when Jesus says you wouldn't take the speck out of the eye of someone when you had a board coming out of your own eye. Just envision that scene for a moment. We acted that out in our service not too long ago and it was one of the funniest things I've seen.
Are you happy? Why don't you let your face know about it? Have a great day! And smile!! JW

2 comments:

David U said...

Since God created humor, he must be the funniest commedian there is!

Laughing is good for what ails us!

DU

Donna G said...

ain't it great when we quit taking ourselves so seriously! I loved that post too, but couldn't think of anything to add that didn't sound "too far out"