Wednesday, January 04, 2006

The Golden Arches

I have seen so many McDonalds on our recent trip to Florida (I even ate at one. Moment of weakness, we hadn't eaten all day and were in a hurry to get to a wedding.) What has fascinated me lately is the fact that in some places they don't even put the word "McDonalds" on the sign. They just put the golden arches. And when you see the golden arches, you think "McDonalds."
That's what Jesus meant when he said that the people would know we're his disciples by the way we love one another. "What church are you from?" "I don't know, but they must be that church that loves one another." We're known for so many things--being strict, tight laced, fundamentalist, non-instrumental. But are we known for our love? Have a great day. JW

1 comment:

Donna G said...

Hmmm, so we need to be like McDonalds?

Actually, I totally agree with you, we should be known for our love and not our "back-biting". Great point.