Thursday, January 12, 2006

Your Story

Why are we so afraid of testimonies? Is it a jealousy that someone else's story is better than our own? Or maybe a weird fear to unveil our hearts and make ourselves vulnerable?
Last night in class, we had two wonderful testimonies. One telling of a search for God in her state of physical disability. Another's search in the midst of climbing to the top of life, only to find himself stricken with cancer. Both clinging to God when everything else was tumbling in. What magnificent stories of faith! I looked around the room and saw many with tears streaming down their cheeks, touched by these simple, but powerful stories.
It's what we're supposed to do. What's your story? You need to be telling it. Nobody tells it better than you. The Psalmist said, "Come and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what he has done for me." (Psalm 66:16) I want to hear your story. It's what brought you to where you are today. Have a great day. JW

3 comments:

Karen said...

Sometimes I think I'm still living in the middle of my story... so there isn't enough to tell. (Does that make sense?)

David U said...

I think sometimes we forget that Jesus loved to tell stories.....what we call parables.
We all have a story to tell, and they are all tied together really because they are ALL stories about God. Thanks for the reminder.

DU

Donna G said...

I think we got it scared out of us when we were kids. To me it is a wonderful thing that should be the central reason about getting together.....encouragment