Monday, November 27, 2006

Between Thanksgiving and Christmas

It was a great time of rest and relaxation. Nothing to do but eat. Our Thanksgiving Day was full of activity, but still relatively slow. We didn't get to do quite everything we had planned. Meredith wasn't with us since she was with her in-laws. She'll be with us for Christmas in Searcy. But it was good.
It was hard to get back into the swing of things. I woke up this morning with some stomach "issues." After a little rest, I think I'm fine. Something I ate rather than a virus. I don't usually have anything like that, so when it does hit me it wears me out.
Now we race to the end of the year. Although there have been evidences of Christmas, there is nothing hidden now. Radio stations are playing Christmas carols. The decorations are up in the stores. It's getting cold in Nebraska. School will be out in a couple of weeks. People finally do, even for a brief, short minute, treat each other better and reflect on the Prince of Peace.
I hope we continue the journey of thanksgiving. My prayer is that these next few weeks, though hectic, will be filled with quiet moments of reflection...and of course, family. Have a great day. JW

No comments: