Thursday, November 30, 2006

Earth Shattering

I love my neighborhood Starbucks. They know exactly what I want when I go in; they don't even ask, they just make my venti, no water chai. Yesterday, I was talking to the manager and I mentioned that my son and daughter had told me that I should try their peppermint hot chocolate. I said to the manager, but I have to be careful because if I didn't order my "usual," the world would slow down or speed up or something else catastrophic. We both got a good laugh out of that.
I started thinking. Over two thousand years ago something did happen that shook the earth. God moved into the neighborhood. The only people that knew it was happening did everything they could to stop it. It was revealed to some nomadic shepherds and it occurred in one of the poorest places in the world. Immanuel. God with us. It happened and the world accused Him. It ridiculed Him. It eventually killed Him. But He lives...and the world is a different place because of it. During this time of the year, I hope that you will remember how earth shattering this event was and I pray you'll take time to thank God for sending His Son to earth. Have a great day. JW

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Listen to your children. They speak wise words. Starbuck's peppermint hot chocolate is the best thing about this time of year.

David U said...

Great post! Hope you had a good Thanksgiving, and have a great Christmas if I don't talk to you again!

DU