Tuesday, August 28, 2007

All the Answers

If you have all the answers, you don't have to read anymore of this blog. I'm afraid that's been the way with our movement. And once we have all the answers, we quit studying and searching. We become stale in our faith and our beliefs. And the answers to the questions are, "Well that's what we've always believed."
Hence all of the hubbub about Mother Teresa. She had doubts? Oh, my goodness! She struggled with her faith? How awful! In my opinion, the fact that she had doubts and struggled with her faith makes her more human. In other words, she didn't have all the answers.
I'm learning the more I study, the less I know. The more I learn, the more doors I open up to other questions. The more questions I have, the more I realize I don't have all the answers. But I do know One who does have all of the answers. You know what? I'm comfortable with that. In fact, I bask in that. I have no problems with that at all. So I'll keep searching. I'll keep questioning. And in the meantime, I'll make a list of questions I want to ask when I come into His presence. Really though, I'll be so busy doing back flips, I may forget or even lose my list. Oh, well. He can tell me the answers to my questions anyway. Have a great day! JW

No comments: