Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Notable

My wife and I were on our obligatory trip to Sam's Club Friday night when we came upon a bargain. There in the corner was a box of lawn furniture which had once been priced around $1000. The price had been reduced to $200 something and then to $100. The picture on the box had a table, several chairs, I think it may have had an umbrella or something that fit into the table. It was nice wicker furniture. It caught my wife's eye because it had been reduced.
Just a side note here. And if you mention this to my wife, I'll deny it. It doesn't matter if we need something or not, if it's on sale and a great deal, it's as good as bought. You don't know how many times she's brought something home telling me what a great deal it was. "But do you need it?" "It was 75% off." "But do you need it?" Guys, just give up. Shake your head and say, "That's great!" And by the way, she is a great shopper. I've never seen anyone who can ferret out bargains as she can.
Anyway, on the side of the box it said "Notable." That just piqued our interest all the more in this great bargain that once cost $1000. "I wonder what's notable about it?" my wife asked. What a wonderful price, but what a strange notation on something for sell. How many times have you seen "Notable" on a box selling something. Of course, it's notable. It's a product your selling!
After a few second, it hit me. I looked at my wife and said, "No table." No wonder it was so cheap. One of the main items of furniture wasn't even in the box. Thus, "No table."
Satan does the same thing to us. He tries to sell us a bill of goods. It looks so good and it's "notable." But he deliberately tries to get us to buy something that we think is full value, when in reality it isn't worth much at all. He switches the price tags all the time. So whatever is valuable, Satan makes it cheap. And whatever is really cheap, Satan makes it "notable." Don't get caught up in Satan's lies. He's called the father of lies in Scriptures and a lion. Wolf in sheep's clothing. Now does that sound like something we want to associate with?
I hope your day is a good one. Make it a "notable" day. A truly notable day. JW

1 comment:

Pat said...

Kind of reminds me of the old "You're passionate" joke.