Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Heaven Again

I've been thinking a lot about heaven lately. Not that I'm getting a group together to go soon. Although I can think of many, many things that would be worse. Isn't that what Paul said in Philippians 1:21?
Our brotherhood hasn't talked much about heaven at all. We've focused on the other place. I heard Rick Atchley tell a story, I believe it was about Senator Everett Dirksen, when someone said to the senator, "Sir, I wouldn't vote for you if you were St. Peter." He responded, "If I were St. Peter, you couldn't vote for me because you wouldn't live in my district."
I think it's time we start thinking and talking of heaven again. Because God has promised it would be a wonderful place, much more awesome that we can think or imagine. And since it is a glorious place and since we want to be there, it will affect the way we act here in this life.
Like many other topics, we haven't fully researched them because we have felt as if we had all the answers. Well, we don't. It's time to take up the search again and find out what heaven will be like. We're going to do it at my church. I hope you will do it at yours. Open your minds. Get rid of all of your prejudices. Be ready to be wowed. And with that discussion of heaven comes many other questions. What is hell like? Where do we go when we die? What does "the kingdom of heaven" mean? What is "the day of the Lord?" See? Have fun. I hope your day is good. JW

No comments: