Monday, August 06, 2007

Another Year of Green Valley is Done

I'm back after a great week at Green Valley Bible Camp. Last Saturday evening before camp began, a pretty good thunderstorm blew in causing the creeks to fill and everyone to scamper for cover. After a short but intense rain, a beautiful rainbow appeared. I looked at my co-director (really, he directs, I just show up) and said, "This is going to be a special week."
We had some difficulties because kids are dealing with things these days that I never had to deal with as a kid. We tried to hit these challenges head-on. All camp weeks are different. Momentum builds and ebbs during the week. This week the momentum just finally exploded. On Friday night as I was returning to my camper, there in the same valley, in the same place the rainbow had showed up, there was a beautiful half-moon. Almost as if God was saying, "I was glorified this week."
So, I'm physically tired. I'm not as young as I used to be. But I am spiritually overflowing. I'm seeing second generation kids come up through camp and it's a joy to see them. I think one of the attributes of strong Christian families is they do things together. I'm talking about things like going to camp, enjoying each other's company, and the like. Perhaps another blog for another day.
Pray for the camp. Pray that good will continue to be done through that little plot of land in Northwest Arkansas. It's good to be back home. Have a great day. JW

P.S. By the way, please pray for my friends Craig and Jan Jones. Jan had breast cancer several years ago and beat it. Now she's fighting pancreatic cancer. Please keep that good family in your prayers.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Welcome home. I'm glad you all had a great time.