Tuesday, January 01, 2008

2008 is Here!

Here I sit in my recliner in the infancy hours of 2008 wondering what this year holds in store. 2007 was filled with activities and stunning world events, but Kingdom work was being done, too. While the world was all atwitter about global warming, presidential politics, and much, much more, Kingdom work was going on. It was unseen by many, but people were being fed, the Word was being sown, good deeds were happening all around, and Jesus' name was being proclaimed.
If you don't think the latter was occurring, why do you think Satan spent so much time trying to destroy it? When I worked in Christian education, people used to complain that there were bad things happening on our Christian college campuses. Therefore, (their argument) should I send my kid to a place where there is bad going on? At least we know the bad is supposed to go on at the state university. (Really brilliant thinking, don't you think?) My answer? Satan already has won the world. He doesn't have to spend much time convincing them. Where do you think he saves his best work?
It's the same with us here on January 1, 2008. Satan stands ready to discount and destroy. But he doesn't hold a candle to our God. So I stand here at the edge of this bridge called "2008." Plans have been made. I'll become an empty nester this year. God's work will be accomplished. I just want to be a part of those plans. How about you? Won't you join me in this wonderfully rewarding work? It doesn't get much attention here, but He who notices is really the one who counts. Where will God take us in 2008? I have no clue. It may be difficult times or it may be peaceful. I just want to be on the journey with my Lord.
Our plans have been committed to God. Let's pray for His guidance. Now, let's go on this wonderful journey together! I hope your year is a good one! JW

1 comment:

Theresa Michelle said...

I too am excited about this year and all that God has in store. There is a lot I'm anxious about, but I know He's in control and that makes all the difference!