Tuesday, March 04, 2008

A Good Day!

You may not know that I tend to fret. However, I internalize so the only people who really know are my family. So the last few days have not been good ones for me. Sometime Friday, I lost my Blackberry; although I didn't discover that I had lost it until Saturday morning. Yesterday, our CRV had a flat tire. And it got cold again (snow, freezing rain, ice, wind, etc.) after being 64 on Saturday.
So I don't show it much, but there was a gnawing inside of me to take care of all of these issues. Maybe that's my problem. I think I have to solve everything. Let's just attribute that to me getting older. I hit dead ends on my phone search. Finally, last night I told my wife I was going to turn the house upside down (again) and see if I could find the phone. I looked under the cushion of the love seat and THERE IT WAS!! I never sit on that love seat. How did it get there? I was able to pump up the tire on the car and it held the air pretty well. This morning I drove to Wal-Mart and NOBODY WAS THERE IN FRONT OF ME! I drove right in and I was able to buy new tires at a reasonable price and they put them on all in less than 45 minutes! Now, it's still cold. But two out of three ain't bad.
Solomon said, "A man can do nothing better than eat and drink and find satisfaction in his work. This too, I see, is from the hand of God, for without him, who can eat or find enjoyment?" Paul said, "I have learned to be content in any and every situation." I know in the scheme of things my problems don't match up to the problems of others. But there are good days and bad days. This is a good one for me. I hope it is for you, too! JW

No comments: