Thursday, March 13, 2008

Woman on the Toilet

All right. Did you read this? There is a news story splashed all over the radio, television, and internet about a woman who had been sitting on her toilet for two years. There are some interesting things about it. First, the sheriff's name is Bryan Whipple. Is he Mr. Whipple's son? Remember? "Please don't squeeze the Charmin."? Is this some kind of stunt to get us to use Charmin toilet tissue?
Second. On February 27th, the boyfriend called police to say that something was wrong. It took him two years to figure that out???!!!??? I would think that her first night of sleep on the toilet would have been a pretty big tip off. My wife checks on me if I've been in for over 10 minutes. "Are you feeling OK?"
Third. Now here's a direct quote from the story. "She said that she didn't need any help, that she was OK and did not want to leave." Hey, I understand that. You spray that exotic Hawaiian Sea Breeze air freshener and you think you're right there on the beach at Maui. I wouldn't want to leave either. Some of my best times of my life have been in the bathroom. We're thinking of having a family reunion in there soon.
Now this is the clincher. Again, I'll quote from the news story. "Authorities said they did not know if she was mentally or physically disabled." Are you kidding me? The woman has been on the pot so long that her skin has grown to the seat. They have to use a pry bar to get her off. She's been on the pot for TWO YEARS and you don't know if she's mentally or physically disabled? What are they teaching in sheriff school these days?
Oh, well. Life is interesting. I hope your day is a good one. And don't stay on the pot too long. JW

2 comments:

Franklin Wood said...

Please don't elaborate on "some of my best times have been in the bathroom."
It's all fun and games until you break out the "potty" comments. Someone's going to get hurt, Jim!
funny post.

Theresa Michelle said...

Man, my family's going to have a hey day with this one. Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction!