Monday, March 03, 2008

A New Song

If you have read my blog much, you'll know that my son sings in show choir. We were at another seemingless countless competition on Saturday (by the way, they were Grand Champions, and my son won best best male vocalist/performer) when a kid from another show choir walked by. I could see which group he was from because of his t-shirt. As he walked by, he was singing the opening number from our show.
Now you have to realize, since I hear our show so many times during the year, I am singing their songs all the time. Rarely do I sing a song from someone else. It got me thinking.
In one of our church songs we sing, "Sing the song of Moses and the Lamb by and by..." And, "They sing in heav'n a new song of Moses and the Lamb." The book of Revelation talks of the saints singing a new song. My thought is, why isn't that me? What is on my lips? Shouldn't it be the song of Jesus? Shouldn't He be what cheers my heart? "You are the words and the music, you are the song that I sing. You are the harmony, you are the melody, praise to my King I will sing." The Song of the Lamb. That's what makes my day. "There's within my heart a melody," we sing. Indeed, He is the reason for my joy each day. And so I proudly sing His song. I want His song to be on my lips.
What a beautiful song He brings to me. It's a life-changing song with a glorious message for our hearts. I hope you're singing it today. Have a great day. JW

No comments: