Sunday, March 09, 2008

The Son Will Be Up Soon

I woke up early this morning. On a day when it's supposed to be later, I wake up early. It's dark and quiet around the house. It's the Lord's day!
As I sit in the dark and contemplate my lessons for the day, I'm wondering who will hear. Who will be affected by the words? They're not my words. At least that's what I pray to God before speaking. Who will wander in today? What will they be expecting?
I don't know why in God's wisdom He chose humans to get His message across. Couldn't He just speak directly? No, that didn't work with Adam and Eve. How about with miracles? Nah, the Bible is filled with miracles, undeniable miracles, and all people wanted was more miracles. They didn't want more of God's presence.
So I pray for soft and open hearts...beginning with mine. Then I pray that ulterior motives are taken away...again starting with mine. And I pray that the love and grace of God is heard today. The peace that passes all understanding. The love that is so big that God pours it out on us, not leaving any behind. I pray for grace and mercy for me and for everyone else. And I hope I'm not so judgmental in all of this.
It's going to be a great day. I know it is. JW

1 comment:

Karen said...

Wow. Just... wow.