Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Spent

I've never really seen myself as an emotional person. Occasionally I'll cry at a movie (it's gotta be a sports movie or a war movie. Saving Private Ryan kills me. Pardon the pun). But I think emotional issues hit different people in different ways.
This last month has been one of those kinds of months. Our family has made three trips in three weekends. Actually, only two in two weekends, but we're leaving today for our third. We've seen our son participate in his last show choir competition. We gone to Searcy, AR for his music scholarship audition. I think those two events have helped us to realize that his senior year is slowing down and we'll be empty nesters next year. Add to that just the physical exhaustion of driving to Chicago and to Searcy. Now, today we're going to Tulsa. Then one of our dear shepherds died a week ago and his funeral was yesterday. Add to that the fact that the work keeps going. People to see in the hospital. Sermons to preach and classes to teach. (I have only missed one Sunday in this run.) Situations to deal with. I'm tired, physically and emotionally. Don't misunderstand, I'm not complaining. This is what I do. This is my mission. This is life. I know that many of you are in the same boat and much worse. But those of you who read this blog and your preacher is not me, encourage him. Tell him you appreciate him. Inform him that you know of his struggles and that he is in your prayers. I have found that it's the prayers that help the most. However, don't just pray for him, tell him you are praying for him.
We're off to Tulsa soon. Maybe I can rest some. I know I'll be filled spiritually. Have a great day. JW

1 comment:

Karen said...

I sure hope you find a world of peace and refreshment this weekend. I'm a bit jealous...