Monday, July 18, 2005

I Don't Want to be Miserable

So many lessons I learn or think about occur while I'm in my car. Yesterday on the way to church services, I pulled out into traffic (there wasn't any, just one car waaayyy down the road). The other car moved over into the other lane and eventually passed us on the left. Then immediately got into our lane. I had to brake to keep from being so close.
My thought was, "she's going a certain speed and I guess she wants me to do the same." Isn't that like the human race? I'm miserable, so I want you to be miserable like me. Go at my rate. Feel like I feel. Preferably, miserably.
The Scripture says we are to rejoice with those who rejoice and mourn with those who mourn. I think we have the mourning stuff down. But there's something about someone else being happpy that just rubs us the wrong way. Why should they be happy when I'm not?
Maybe we should work on that this week. . .being truly, genuinely happy for someone who's happy. Are you happy? Why don't you let your face know about it? Have a good day. JW

No comments: