Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving!!

The drive is worth it. It's a long way to Searcy, Arkansas from Omaha, Nebraska. But we're set to go. We have CDs to listen to. My golf clubs are packed. (I have a tee time for Friday!) The food is being prepared. And by this time tomorrow, the good Lord willing, I will be spelling the wonderful smells of Mamma Lou's feast.
But, this is the first year that Meredith hasn't been with us. She and her husband are staying in Omaha to work. This is the first year Mom hasn't been with us. One by one, the traditions pass and the people you love are gone either through death or by just plain growing up.
You know what, though? I'm still so very thankful. I'm thankful for knowing the people in my life. I'm thankful that I can still enjoy the journey! I hope you have a great Thanksgiving! I am. I'll see you on Monday. Full report!! JW

1 comment:

David U said...

Jim, good to see you at the Wildcat game. That was a tough loss, huh? Have a great trip to Florida! Tell Bobby hello from me.

God bless,
DU