Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Pleas(e)

Remember the magic words? Please and thank you. If you ask for something, your mother would say, "What do you say?" Of course, that's when the obligatory, "Pleeeeeeeeeeeaaassee!" came in. Sometimes it was sincere, most of the times not.
Last night I was listening to one of my shepherd's pray and he said something like this, "Lord, hear our pleas." What he was saying was, "Lord, hear our requests, our beggings, our asking." What I heard was, "Lord, hear our "Please." Have we forgotten one of the most important magic words? Have we forgotten to say "Please" when we petition God. If it was important to say that in requests to our parents, wouldn't it make sense that we say it when we petition our God? And so today in this short blog, I ask God to remember our "please." Now that He has heard my "please," I hope He hears my "thank you!" loud and clear. Have a great day. JW

No comments: