Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Fly to Jesus

One year ago on a Monday night (just like last night) my Mom went to bed. When she awoke, she saw all of heaven's glory. I just imagine that Dad was there to wake her up, along with all the other people who knew her and loved her here on earth. Technically, the one year date March 9th since she wasn't discovered for at least a day. But still, it's been a year.
First of all, I can't believe it's been a year. Time has a way of slipping by so quickly. If we learn nothing else, we must learn to treasure our time with each other because it goes so quickly.
Second, this has been a difficult year because I do miss her so much. I want to hear her voice. I want to hear her laugh. I want to know the assurance she always gave me of how proud she was of her boys.
Third, I can't wait. The longer I live, the more people I know who have gone on. And I can't wait to see them again.
Last night, as Nate and I drove up into our driveway, I switched over to the Christian music channel and got in on the last verse of Chris Rice's Untitled Hymn. "Fly to Jesus," he sang. It was as if Mom was saying, "I'm all right. I'm doing fine. I have flown to Jesus."
I hope your day is a good one. JW

1 comment:

Karen said...

Isn't that a comforting thought?? It makes your heart ache for those who don't have that same hope.