Thursday, March 02, 2006

My God and I

I had to be at the office early this morning, then return home to take my son to school. As I drove home the sun was just coming up over the horizon. It made me think of how faithful God is. There it was, just like it always was and always will be until He comes back. The sun in all its glory. Then I started thinking about the song we used to sing in chorus, My God and I. The words are enough to make you think and appreciate our Father. But I remember we used to say a poem as we hummed the verse. It went like this:
The stars shine over the earth
The stars shine over the sea.
The stars look up to God.
The stars shine down on me.
The stars may shine for a million years,
A million years and a day.
But God and I will live and love,
When the stars have passed away.


Beautiful words we used to make fun of. But now I see them for the beautiful sentiment it is. God is faithful and He will always be here. Have a great day. JW

No comments: