Wednesday, March 08, 2006

God's Will

Let me tell you what I'm struggling with today. My sermon for Sunday is about God's will. Henry Blackeby says that too many people ask what God's will is for them for their lives. Instead, they should be asking, "What is God's Will?" Then go do it. I can handle that intellectually. But there are too many passages that talk about God having a purpose for us. Isaiah was set apart at birth. One of my favorite passages of Scripture is found in Jeremiah 29:11 where it says, "'For I know the plans I have for you,' declared the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
So there must be something, someway to know that God doeshave a will for us. I hope you have the answer because I don't. Have a great day. JW

No comments: