Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Victory!

I know, I know, I'm a little late blogging today. You know how it is...the tyranny of the urgent. It wasn't until after lunch today when I could sit down and have my quiet time with God. Sick son. Lunch appointment with someone who I'm working with on a project. Tired from getting home late from an elder's meeting.
But refreshment is coming. A few days of R and R begin Thursday. Then next week is Tulsa. I can't wait.
I read this verse on a teenager's xanga today. What a great quote!
"You who made me stare trouble in the face,
Turn me around;
Now let me look life in the face.
I've been to the bottom;" from Psalm 70--The Message

Have you been to the bottom? Have you turned your face away because life is too ugly? God says, "Come here! Look life in the face. It's nothing to be afraid of." God never said problems wouldn't come. What He did say was that He had overcome the world.

When I read that verse I think of that wonderful song, "Faith is the victory. Faith is the victory. Oh glorious victory that overcomes the world!" Amen. Thank you, Lord, for Your victory. Have a great day! JW

No comments: