Wednesday, May 17, 2006

God is so Good!

Everything today has been yelling out, "God is great!" As I got ready for work this morning, the radio was playing, "How Great is Our God." It brought back recent memories of Pepperdine's lectures. We sang it several times there. Then my son and I walked out into the crisp morning air. Brilliant blue sky, sweet smell in the air, wonderful temperature. My prayer with God today was especially meaningful to me as I asked Him to show me what His plan was today.
I'm getting ready to preach another sermon about prayer. Jesus begins with, "Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name." It's all about Him. It's about His kingdom. It's about His will. Once we get our selfish little selves out of the way about everything, we'll live much more peaceful lives. Our worship will be more meaningful. Our lives will be more evident of His grace. The stress of everyday life will disappear. In His kingdom, everything always...always turns out right. He's in control.
Then, with all of these thoughts roaming through my mind, I turned to my Bible reading. Here's what was in my reading today. "Praise the Lord. Praise the Lord from the heavens, praise him in the heights above. Praise him, all his angels, praise him, alll his heavenly hosts. Praise him, sun and moon, praise him, all you shining stars. Praise him, you highest heavens and you waters above the skies. Let them praise the name of the Lord, for he commanded and they were created...Praise the Lord from the earth, you great sea creatures and all ocean depths, lightning and hail, snow and clouds, stormy winds that do his bidding, you mountains and all hills, fruit trees and all cedars, wild animals and all cattle, small creatures and flying birds, kings of earth and all nations, you princes and all rulers on earth, young men and maidens, old men and children." If they can't help but praise His name, neither can I! Praise God!! Have a great day. JW

1 comment:

David U said...

I think "How Great is Our God" is my new favorite song.......AWESOME!
Especially when thousands of His children are singing it together!

Great post, bro!

DU