Monday, May 22, 2006

Mixed Up World

I read today where Barbaro, the horse that won the Kentucky Derby and broke a leg in the Preakness had surgery to repair the break. In order to ease the pain from the surgery, the horse was lowered into a swimming pool so that there would be no pressure on the back foot. There are news reports about it. I even read where the horse was flirting with other mares.
We protect turtles, owls, and other endangered species, we'll even make sure the horse is not hurt when awakening from surgery, but we won't do what we can do to save a baby from abortion. I've even read where PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) will throw fake blood on those who wear real fur because they protest the killing of these innocent animals. Yet the same people, I'm sure advocate the killing of innocent fetuses. What a crazy world we live in.
Isaiah said, "Woe until them who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter." Truly it is a crazy world we live in. Excuse me, now while I get off of my soapbox. Have a great day. JW

1 comment:

Shane Coffman said...

Casting Crowns puts it this way in their song "While You Were Sleeping":

"United States of America,
looks like anothers silent night;
As we're sung to sleep by philosophies
that save the trees and kill the children..."