Thursday, May 25, 2006

Widespread Panic

I don't usually blog this quickly in the mornings. It's usually read my Bible, catch up on the mail, see what's on the internet, then get to blogging if I'm not too busy. But I just can't pass up today's thoughts.
Recently I purchased (birthday gift) a new iPod nano. I'm sorry, these are the coolest things around. Anyway, I digress. I was listening to my iPod this morning. Glad (Glad: The A Cappella Project) was singing On Christ the Solid Rock. I love the song, I love the tune. The chorus: "On Christ the solid Rock I stand. All other ground is sinking sand." While I'm listening to that marvelous chorus, a car pulls up next to me and on the bumper it says, "Widespread Panic." Now I'm naive and old. So I don't know if that's some rock band or what. But I couldn't help but see the contrast. Christ, the solid Rock. Widespread Panic. Yeah, it is widespread panic without Jesus. I love the passage in Colossians that talks about the supremacy of Jesus, and then Paul says, "He is before all things and in him all things hold together." (Colossians 1:17) See where I'm going? Outside of Him, all things fall apart...widespread panic. The peace promised by God is only found in Jesus Christ. When everything is going wild all around you, there is a place, a solid Rock, a peace that passes understanding...only in Jesus. Have a great day! JW

No comments: