Tuesday, May 10, 2005

What's Really Important?

I wish I was able to be profound. There are times when I listen to songs written and the words just cut to my heart. It's always one of those "I wish I had said that" moments.
The same thing happens to me on this blog. Something that makes so much sense to me at one time and then I try to write it down. When I read it back it seems so juvenile and so not what I wanted to say. Or it didn't really deal with the way my heart felt. Then I read someone else's blog and I think, "Wow, they really know how to express themselves."
But I wonder if Paul ever dealt with the same issues. (Not that I'm on the same level as Paul!! For sure I'm not!) But he says, "God forbid that I glory, save in the cross of Jesus." It didn't matter what Paul said or even what he had accomplished in life. What was important was the cross. In I Corinthians, he told them that he had passed on to them what was of "first importance." This was one of those "it's going to be on the test" things. Jesus died, he was buried, resurrected and appeared to a number of people.
So I come back to the conclusion that it doesn't matter if I'm eloquent or not. Profound or profane. What matters is very simply, Jesus. Have a great day. JW

No comments: