Sunday, May 22, 2005

Worship III

Sorry, but it continues to be on my mind. I came to the conclusion the other day that the height of arrogance is thinking that you (or me for that matter) has a better handle on worship than anybody. I mean anybody, I don't care who it is. Worship is about humility.
Don't believe me? Think of the Pharisee praying. "I thank you, Lord, that I'm not like this tax collector." See what I'm saying? I worship better. I have a better handle on it. God likes my worship better.
Worship. Worship the best you can. Worship with all of your heart. Just worship. Don't worry if you get it wrong. Don't worry if others think you are looney. Just worship. Fall on your face. Raise your hands. Close your eyes. Just worship. I hope your worship was wonderful today. God is pleased with our worship.
Another tangent--When we plan worship around what we think and around what we like, we forget that worship is not about us. Worship is all about God. Have a great day! JW

No comments: