Thursday, September 08, 2005

The Blame

I have come to a conclusion. Perhaps this will be earth shattering to a lot of people. But since everyone else from the network anchor to bank tellers to restaurant owners to politicians, I thought it was my turn to weigh in on this issue also.
The question at this point is "Who is to blame for the disaster in the South, particularly New Orleans." By the way, devastation is everywhere. I think the reporters happen to be in New Orleans which explains why it gets more coverage. I am here to give my thoughts and where the blame needs to be for such a disaster. Are you ready? Drum roll please. I think Hurricane Katrina is to blame. It was a category 5 storm until it hit the coast. Then it became a category 4. Wind gusts were over 150 mph. It caused the 17th street levee to break and caused the water from Lake Ponchartrain to enter the city. Call it the forces of nature. Call it whatever you like, but I think it was the hurricane that caused so much destruction.
What? Did I hear a murmur out there? Ohh. I see. Everyone's been blaming everybody else for everything else, I just thought it was time to realize what really caused the damage. Now we're going to waste an incredible amount of time on hearings and finger pointing. Time that could be far better used telling others of the love of God and how much He cares. So I think we should leave the politicians to their devices and get on with the work of God. Have a great day. Shame one you Hurricane Katrina! JW

No comments: