Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Rest

Every time I get ready to write something, I think how silly and mundane it is compared to the things going on in the South. So when I begin to feel down (something that has happened to me a lot more since the death of my mother), I begin to think of those who have lost everything.
But God is good. He continues to be faithful. The verses that keep coming to mind are the ones that say, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoek upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
Ah, rest. I'm sure that's what these people are wanting. I don't mean sleep. I mean rest. A respite from the worries of what's happened. A calm from the cares of what happens next. A peace that passes understanding. Lord, please forgive me when I whine about my life and please care for those who are truly in need. Count your blessings today. JW

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Simple but great post my friend & brother! There is a huge difference b/t "rest" and "sleep" isn't there. May God provide rest to those in the South but may he provide peace for you! Miss you!