Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Credit Card is Cancelled

If you know me, you know that my mother died a year ago in March. As the keeper of the checkbook, I had been paying whatever bills there were while my eldest brother executed the estate. He did a wonderful job in making sure everything was taken care of. As the keeper of the checkbook, I also had Mom's mail forwarded to me.
Yesterday, and I'm not lying about this, Mom received a letter in the mail from one of her credit card companies. In a little text box at the top it has these words: Important information is noted below regarding your credit card account." Here, in part, is what the letter says:

Dear Evelyn J White: As your credit card company, it is important to us to provide you with timely information regarding your credit card account. After careful consideration, we have elected not to renew your account. The principal reasons for our decision are as follows: Consumer Was Reported As "deceased" At the Credit Bureau.

Now they list that reason three times in the letter. Whew! I'm glad they're are on top of this! Mom will certainly be relieved to have this taken care of. And by the way, who in the world were they sending the letter to? If she was dead, how would she know her credit card has been cancelled? Oh, my. Do you think she's continuing to use it? Thank heavens for this rocket scientists at this credit card company. And we wonder what is wrong in our financial world. Have a great day! JW

No comments: