Thursday, September 21, 2006

Taking Care of the Flowers

Why is it sometimes your mind has absolutely nothing to say, and then other times I could give you three or four blogs. Today is the latter.
We have a gentleman who is a member of our congregation, a former Jew, who had surgery yesterday. He is one of those guys is isn't flashy. He just serves. He maintains the flowers around our building.
He wasn't feeling well today after surgery and I visited him the first thing this morning. He is still in and out of consciousness, but he knew (at least for now) that I was there. I told him it was raining outside. He said, "The Lord always takes care of my flowers when I'm in the hospital." I loved it. Even in the middle of pain, even when the night was not good, even when he didn't feel like it, he understood the Lord's faithfulness. Oh, to have the same faith.
I hope you have a good day today. I am. JW

No comments: