Wednesday, September 27, 2006

It's Been A Good Day

I didn't write yesterday and I thought I did. But it was good that I didn't. It hadn't been a good day and I was feeling somewhat down. I had prayed to God about the specific situation I found myself in. The tasks came as they usually do. I worked on lessons, visited the hospital, etc.
Then I received a phone call and a letter. Both of them positive. Both of them exciting. Both of them areas for me to serve God. Both of them messages from the Lord. God is indeed good. My day brightened. My countenance lifted. Now, I still have to deal with the initial situation that brought me down. But I know that God is faithful. He is right by my side. He is faithful even if I hadn't received the letter and the phone call. It did, however, help me to see how much God cares.
There would be some who would say, "Those are random things that happened and have nothing to do with God." I'm sorry, I don't believe you. I believe that my God is active in my life. "He (God) is inclined to bestow blessedness and He takes holy pleasure in the happiness of His people." A. W. Tozer. I agree, A.W., I agree. Have a great day. JW

No comments: