Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Letters from Dad

The weather is cooling off now. In the mornings, the temperature is in the 50s in the morning instead of the 80s. Fall is not far away...and neither is winter.

I'm not much into recommending books because what I like may not appeal to someone else. But if you are a father, I would recommend you read Letters from Dad by Greg Vaughn. It has some great suggestions on how to leave a legacy for your children.

In it, he makes a comment about marriages that I thought was interesting. He said about marriage, "God's plan says, THE TWO SHALL BECOME ONE. Satan's plan says, THE ONE SHALL BECOME TWO. Why does Satan hate Christian marriages so much? Because they are a mirror of Christ's relationship with believers." Great comment. I'd really never thought of it that way before. I hope you had a great break (Labor Day). JW

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude --- I read that book and taught a class on it here! Not sure how the class went especially since it seems to more along the lines of a men's ministry thing.

Hope you are well! Struggling a bit with Emily & school here but we'll overcome!