Thursday, February 22, 2007

All My Life

One of our newer members is a gentlemen who has a great talent for painting. He has had several of his art works displayed at the request of the Audubon Society. He moved from Alaska, so naturally his paintings are of nature (no pun intended on the "naturally" comment). All of us who see his works ask him, "How long does it take you to paint one of these?" I love his answer. He says, "All my life."
So many times we think the walk of Christianity is a quick fix. Become a disciple, "get" baptized, and we immediately think good thoughts, never say an evil word again, and generally just act as a Christian should. Instead our response should be like my friend's. "How long has it taken you to become as you are?" "All my life....and I'm still not there yet." Have a great day. And keep going on your journey. JW

No comments: