Thursday, February 01, 2007

Foolish Thoughts

As any of you who write blogs know, sometimes the thoughts just don't come. Or, even worse, they do come and you can't really express what you're feeling. So it just comes out sounding pretty lame. There are times when you just want to say something pithy or deep or meaningful. Instead, it comes out with misspelled words, silly conclusions or inane thoughts.
But one thing I've learned from preaching, God can do unbelievable things with what you offer Him. I've come out of the pulpit thinking I should go back to college admissions. And about the time I think I am a fool, someone calls and tells me how much the sermon meant to them. So I don't discount anything that God can do. Oh, my words are still misspelled and my conclusions may still be silly and my thoughts completely inane. But God can take anything and make it into something good.
So for those who read my foolish words, I'm sorry. Second, thank you. Third, praise God that He can take my simple thoughts and make them what He wants them to be. May we always be instruments for God available when He needs us, ready to serve at a moments notice. Have a great day...what's left of it. JW

"As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:9

1 comment:

Franklin Wood said...

Interesting Jim! One day's blog is about how words are meaningful, and the next day they are meaningless!! Until God gives them meaning, of course!
Good thoughts. I too struggle with wanting to sound studious and ultra-intelligent.