Friday, February 09, 2007

More Snow

I'm not usually here on Fridays, but I'm here and decided to blog a little bit. We got another two inches of snow last night. So I was out bright and early shoveling it off the driveway. I tried the best I could to come up with some kind of spiritual application, but it was a little hard when the attitude wasn't the best. Another snow. The last snow from two weeks ago is still on the ground. It's supposed to snow another 3-6 inches tomorrow. It may snow again Monday.
I know the Scriptures say, "Wash me and I will be whiter than snow." But that's been used before. I started thinking about grace. Underneath the snow is the dirt and the sand of the trucks trying to clean off the road. Once again, it's pure white. Then it comes again, spraying the filth on the snow. More white stuff. Kind of a good comparison, but God doesn't leave the dirt underneath. When He makes us white as snow, the dirt isn't there anymore. It isn't covered up, it's gone.
So my quest to find something good about the snow is messed up again. I know, I know, the moisture is good. But really, other than that, what good is snow? Have a great day. JW

1 comment:

Karen said...

The best part about shoveling snow is the hot chocolate waiting for you in the house when you're done. And socks that have been warmed in the microwave to put on your hands to warm them back up. :) (Sure, easy for me to say from 55-degree CA!)