Friday, August 26, 2005

Finding Jesus, Finding What's Right

Every year at camp we tell kids to look for Jesus. Find Him in the counselors, the cooks, their cabin mates, their fellow campers, just find Him, look for Him. At other camp sessions I've attended, we've been told to find what's right. The only problem with that is, we can never get it right. We'll mess up somewhere, we'll gee when we should haw, we just can't quite make the standard. When we do that, we miss Jesus altogether.
For years I think we've had it wrong. I think it's the difference of Martha and Mary. Finding Jesus--finding what's right. If we find Jesus, we'll find what is right and we'll find peace. If we try to be right, we'll be frustrated and have no peace.
I read one time a quote from someone who said, "Love God and do what you want." That scares some people, but I think it's right. (There I go again with that "right" thing!). Search for Jesus today. Find Him in places where you never thought possible. I'd like to hear from you to find out where you found Him. (No, this isn't a blatant attempt to get comments, I'd really like to know!) Have a great day. JW

1 comment:

Karen said...

I found him in several places... most often in the words (written and spoken) of brothers and sisters in Christ. I found him in my children.... and I found him in song.