Monday, July 24, 2006

A Child of Mine

I believe God speaks to us. Maybe not in the way most people think, but I heard Him this morning. I plugged in my ear plugs and headed down the road. I didn't want to hear anything but Christian music this morning, so I kept clicking until I reached the first Christian song on my iPod. (By the way, for those iPodless people in the world, you can shuffle your songs. It's a great feature.) It was God speaking through Mark Schultz that I heard. Basking in my own self-doubts of what I'm doing and how I'm doing, I heard Mark sing, "You are a child of Mine, born of My own desires, and you bear the heart of a lion." As I traveled down the road I glanced to my left to see the sun coming up with beautiful clouds. It was as if God was saying, "Did you really hear that? You are My child. Here's your sunrise today."
Strangely enough the next song that came on was a Beatles song, "From Me to You." Remember the opening words? "If there's anything that you want. If there's anything I can do, just call on me and I'll send it along with love from me to you." What a contrast! I heard God's beautiful promise that I am His child. Then I heard an empty promise--the same promise the world makes. "Just call on me and I'll get you whatever you want." My tears this morning were happy ones. I'll take God's promise, thank you. Have a great day today. JW

No comments: