Thursday, July 13, 2006

When Bobby Says Pray

You've probably heard me talk about Bobby. He's a true friend, all 6'8" of him. We show up at each other's special events. He and his wife drove four hours to spend about two hours with Martha and me when my Mom died. Martha and I flew down to Pensacola, FL to attend their son's wedding. (I think we got the better end of that deal!) I think you get the picture. He's a great friend.
Bobby periodically e-mails several people, of whom I am fortunate to be one, to pray for people. He calls us his prayer warriors. I have my alarm on my pocket PC to go off at 9:00 every morning to pray for a friend of his. I don't know the person I'm praying for, I just know Bobby wants me to pray for him...and pray I will. I got an e-mail from Bobby a couple of days ago asking us to pray for a lady who had a mass on her liver. She had been treated for cancer; the doctors thought it had spread. So Bobby asked us to pray. I just received word this morning that the doctors said there is no cancer in the liver. The spot is gone. They think it was just a shadow. I think it was God.
God is good, isn't He? He may not always answer the prayers the way I want, but He's sovereign and He knows what is best. I love the passage in Daniel where Shadrach, Meshack, and Abednego tell King Nebuchadnezzar to go jump in a lake when he threatens them with the hot seat in the furnace. They say, "If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to save us from it, and he will rescue us from your hand, O king. But even if he does not, we want you to know, O king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up." I don't know which one of you guys said that, but "Amen!" God is good! Have a great day. JW

1 comment:

David U said...

I know that Bobby. Tell him to give me a shout sometime.

And yes, God is good......even if the spot had stayed.

DU