Monday, July 17, 2006

I Really Miss You Guys

I love these moments because they are few and far between. But they are as precious as they come. My son is counseling at camp this week. Instead of receiving, he is having to give. He gives his time, his sweat (it's been hot in western Nebraska this week), and his counsel. He called to tell us about one particular kid who has given him trouble. He's handled it well. Sunday we were approached by someone who told us what a good job Nate was doing at camp. We haven't been in touch with him at all--only a few pictures on the internet. He called in a break he had Saturday. The moment I loved was when he said, "I really miss you guys." Sixteen-year-olds don't tell their parents they miss them. It just doesn't happen. So I'll take it, knowing that it may not come again for a while. In fact, he'll come back home and start eating my food and spending my money and driving my car. You know what? He won't be here around me much longer. So for now, I'll take, "I really miss you guys." Have a great day. JW

1 comment:

David U said...

Ain't it fun to be missed! :)

DU