Tuesday, July 18, 2006

July 8

July 8th is a special day for me. Since it fell on a Saturday this year, I forgot to mention it in my blog. You see, on that day in 1993, my father passed from this life. He was a good man who had his faults. He loved God dearly and defended His church to his dying day. On July 8, 1994, my daughter came to me and asked to be baptized. Even though at the time we lived in Springdale, AR we were in Searcy that day. In fact, we were at the church building where my dad had served as an elder and where we had his funeral service.
I couldnt' help but see the connection. Two different events, happening exactly one year apart, yet almost identical in scope. My father died to his physical body. Meredith died from her body of sin. Dad was raised into a new realm, a new reality. Meredith was raised as a new creation. Dad has lived ever since in the loving arms of God. So has Meredith. Although the two events were such a contrast, there are so much alike. So I celebrate July 8 every year.
Since that day my Mom has joined Dad. So have two uncles. So have numerous friends. And they are preparing a family reunion that will be wonderful. Have a great day. JW

2 comments:

Jerron said...

That was very inspiring for me. Keep posting!

Anonymous said...

You, my good friend have an incredible gift....sure do miss you and look forward to seeing you next month!