Sunday, April 10, 2005

Everyone Deserves a Chance

There is a show playing on Broadway called Wicked. It's the story of how the Wicked Witch of the West became the Wicked Witch of the West in the land of Oz. In other words, it's the prequel to the Wizard of Oz. The music is fun and I enjoy it. My family and I are planning to go and see the show in Chicago in June.
Early this morning, I was listening to the main song from the show. It's called Defying Gravity. One line in it goes "Everyone deserves the chance to fly." It hit me in a strange way. I know this is strange the way my mind goes. But my thought was, "That's exactly what Jesus offered." He said it a little different. He said, "I came that they might have life and have it to the full."
Some many people are brought down by sin, by the stupid stuff in their lives that Satan continues to throw in their way. Life quit being fun. I'm not saying our lives will always be fun and games. But Jesus did offer life. To me that's fullfilment. That's joy. That's peace. That's life. But too many people I know aren't there. It's the easiest concept in the world. It's the hardest concept in the world. Life is found in and only in Jesus. Everyone deserves the chance to hear that. That's why we must keep telling what He means to us. Don't stop. Everyone deserves the chance to hear it and know that He cares. Have a great Lord's Day! JW

No comments: