Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Living by Faith

I've found out how to make a fortune in the Christian writing business. You take something from the Bible, reword it, and voila, everything thinks you are a great writer! I was reading John Eldredge's book Waking the Dead for the second time when I came across this quote. "If you're not pursuing a dangerous quest in your life, well, then you don't need a Guide." At first glance, I thought, "What a great comment!" But then I realized that Paul said the same thing in I Corinthians 5:7. He said, "We live by faith, not by sight." Isn't that basically the same thing?!!

That's what I love about Paul. That's one of the lessons I'm still trying to learn. We want to figure everything out and know why something happens. Walking by faith is dangerous. The risks are phenomenal, but the payouts are huge. Then Paul comes in and says, "We live by faith...." Thanks, Paul. Thanks for being succinct. Thanks for laying it on the line, not only in your words but in your life.

"Guide me, O, Thou great Jehovah. Pilgrim through this barren land. I am weak, but Thou art mighty. Hold me with Thy powerful hand. Bread of heaven, feed me 'til I want no more. Bread of heaven, feed me 'til I want no more." God bless you!!! JW

No comments: