Friday, April 08, 2005

Renovated

Isn't spring a beautiful time of year? Everything is starting to bloom. The tulip trees are gorgeous. The forsythia is radiantly yellow. The trees are finally starting to bud. The only thing that really kind of turns me off is the sound of the lawn mowers. I love the initial smell of the grass when its being cut, but the lawnmowers make me realize its time to begin that weekly task of cutting the grass. I miss Arkansas at this time of year. The dogwoods are just unbelieveable.
I could go on and on. The radiance that God provides in our lives to renew is second to none. The splendor of the spring renewal doesn't even come close to the renewal we enjoy in Christ. A few years I went to Vladivostok, Russia where I studied with a man by the name of Vladimir. (Every man's name in Russia is either Vladimir or Boris or Yvgeny--every woman is Olga or Natasha) I had the wonderful privilege of baptizing Vlad. He wrote me a note to describe his feelings after the event. In describing his new life, he used the word renovated--like a house. What a concept! He nailed it! He understood. Why can't we get that concept? We are new, redone, renovated and He does it every day. The Psalmist says, "Create in me a clean heart, O God." Create. Make a new one. Only Jesus is able to do that. Revel in your newness. Thank God for you new heart. Sing a song. Whistle. Be happy. Enjoy life. That's what it's all about. By the way, I think I'll hit some golf balls into those beautiful trees. Have a great day! JW

No comments: