Monday, April 18, 2005

God's timing is always perfect. Even when we think He's not out there, missing in action, or just doesn't care, He shows up in the perfect moment. In John 11, Jesus shows up at Lazarus' grave at just the right time. Although Mary and Martha don't think so, He arrives and it becomes an uplifting experience.
But I have found it so in my life also. Recently, in preaching a couple of difficult lessons on addictions, there have been some who have been adamantly opposed to talking about such issues. I don't know why we are so afraid to talk of such things. Nevertheless, the criticism has been there. When I was feeling particularly down, I received a card from a man who passed on his condolences for my mother's death. Then out the clear blue, he said, "Don't let them get to you." It really had nothing to do with my mother's death, but it was God saying, "You're doing the right thing." The same thing happened this morning. A note of encouragement came at just the right time. Thank you, God, for showing up just when I needed it. And thank you, God, for using these men as your instruments of encouragement. Look at your life. It's happened so many times and you haven't even noticed it. Keep your eyes open and you'll see God everywhere. And remember, His time is flawless! Have a great day. JW

1 comment:

Karen said...

You couldn't be more right. God's timing is always perfect. I could name circumstance after circumstance where things have happened at "just the right time."

Thanks for the reminder.