Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Culturally Relevant

Solomon says there is nothing new under the sun. Sometimes I wonder. I've heard this commercial a couple of times and it just blows me away. It lets me know how sad our culture is. Basically, it's a commercial for DNA testing to determine "if the baby really is yours." They go on to tell of the simple test where you swab the inside of your mouth and the inside of the baby's mouth and send the information to this company and they'll let you know the results in about a week.
People making money on bad situations. What do we do with our culture? I've been struggling with this lately. We've been talking of vision at our congregation and we want to be culturally relevant. But when do we change the culture and when do we let the culture change us? I don't know the answer. I just know that Jesus is the answer. I know that I am to be merciful. And I know that I am a sinner. Make a difference today. JW

2 comments:

Karen said...

What a good question. Wish I was there for the discussion!

We miss you all.

ptg said...

Solomon probably would have bought said DNA paternity kits by the case lot. The old dog's faithless wives were legion.