Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Don't Be Anxious

God is good. I have been studying the book of Philippians and I am continually amazed at Paul's attitude toward life. "Do not be anxious about anything," he says. "Do everything without complaining or arguing, " he says. "Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!" he says. All this while chained to a Roman guard. All this while under house arrest. All this while being restricted to one small area.
My head hurts. It's raining. It's so cold. Seems kind of trite doesn't it. While Paul calls his beatings, shipwrecks, and other horrendous trials "light and momentary," we think a bad hair day is the end of the world.
I've tried lately to just be more positive. To realize that God is alive and well and watching over me. To "cast my cares on Him because He cares for me." You know what, it makes a difference. I don't worry as much. I smile more. I sleep better. God is so good. He's so good to me. Have a great day! JW

No comments: