Monday, October 24, 2005

Praise God for the Mundane

If you heard me yesterday, you have already heard my thoughts on the following. I hope you will take this in the light that I mean in. Nothing bitter at all here, just my thoughts and feelings.
Why is it we will listen to someone who has been through the mill--tragedy, horrible life then recovered, divorce, death, etc.--but won't listen to someone who's been there every day? So many of us have, thankfully, never had to suffer from the things others have. But for some reason, the story is not worth listening to. I say, thank you for those who survive the mundane. Thanks for those who have perservered in everything. These are the salt of the earth people that I hear about in Scripture. There's nothing fancy, just a faithful life.
I want to listen to them. I need to know how they survived the average, the mundane, and the normal. Thank you for listening to your parents. Thanks for having faith of your own learned from wonderful examples. And that fact that you haven't had to go through so horrific tragedy, and you are still there, I appreciate.
Wasn't that the problem with the Israelites? They couldn't take the mundane. They wanted more. Wasn't that the problem with the Pharisees? Jesus said they were always looking for a miracle. Do we do that? We want the flash, the glitz, and the miraculous.
Praise God for the mundane, for the salt of the earth. You are what makes the world go round. Your journey is a worthy one. Have a great day. JW

No comments: