Wednesday, October 05, 2005

There's Still Hope

Last night I went to a choral concert. It was the obligatory son's high school choral concert. He's in two groups, but I had to listen to six. But after reading Mike Cope's blog yesterday about enjoying the journey, I decided to enjoy the singing. I usually do anyway. There's something about music that moves me. It stirs my soul and helps me to live in the moment. My friend David Underwood is good to keep taking us back to how music affects our lives. Especially when it's live music.
One of the choirs sang songs from the Nebraska All-State Choral Festival. They were preparing for the contest which comes up in a couple of weeks. These songs were picked in advance by a group (I assume) of panelists who thought this would be good music for high school students to sing. Four of the five songs song were spiritual. The first, a beautiful number by Mozart sang of our glorious God. Another was about peace in our lives with Jesus as our leader. The third was a song about John the Revelator.
Needless to say, I was moved and pleasantly surprised. You know, there's still hope. I'll cling to that until the day I die. I'll keep after it and after it. I'll not stop proclaiming how good God is how Jesus is our leader. I'll still maintain that God is in control and I should not worry because "the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world." (I John 4:4) Please join me with this. Let us not give up hope. Several years ago before my father died I was talking to him about some of the good people I know. He looked at me and said, "There's still a lot of salt." That's what I want to be....salt. Salt that preserves. A light that reflects the love of Jesus and the glory of God in this world. Don't give up. JW

No comments: